How to Enter
This competition is open to anyone of any age, including individuals or teams, resident anywhere in the world, and is free to enter.
The purpose of this competition is to use the winning and shortlisted films to draw attention to, and increase publicity around, the campaign against the third runway at Heathrow. We will not use the films to make profit.
Send an email with your name(s), address(es) and telephone number(s) and your film to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Larger files can be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox or similar sites then create a private video (not available for public viewing) and send the URL link with the password to: email@example.com You can also send your file via wetransfer, yousendit, and similar file transfer sites.
Films must be:
- No longer than two minutes in length
- Original work
- Uploaded preferably as a .mp4, .mov, .avi, or wmv video file, in HD quality.
- All films must be received by 11.59pm (GMT) on 7 June 2014. Films received after this time may not be considered.
- This is a competition based on skill, not a game of chance.
Judging and Prizes
A panel of judges will review all films and choose a shortlist of between 10 and 15 films which will be shown at an awards ceremony on Wednesday 18 June at 7pm at Richmond Theatre.
The criteria for judging is how well the film successfully conveys and draws attention to the campaign against the third runway at Heathrow.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the competition in our sole discretion.
High profile judges with audience involvement will decide and announce the first, second and third place winners on the night. The prizes are:
- First prize – £10,000
- Second prize – £3,000
- Third prize – £2,000.
The decision on the night is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Winners will receive their prize within seven working days of the ceremony.
After the winners have been announced, a list of winners and the shortlisted films will be available on the website: www.no-ifs-no-buts.com and are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone may apply for free tickets to attend the awards ceremony by registering with: email@example.com. Limited spaces are reserved for invited guests and remaining tickets will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis and the shortlisted film makers will be invited to attend.
Content of Films
By entering into this competition you agree that:
- The film is entirely your own, original work, and no-one else has any interest in the film, or any part of it
- You are not using any music, sound recordings, moving images or other work that was created by or belongs to someone else without their consent
- If your film does include or feature any content created or owned by another person, you have obtained all consents necessary to use such content in the film for the purposes of entering the competition
- If your film features other people or specific locations the persons or owners have consented to film and your entry into this competition using the film (or, if a minor, their parent or guardian has consented).
- You are responsible for ensuring that your film is compliant with any legal requirements in your country of residence.
- All music, sound recordings, moving images or other work created or owned by another person that you wish to use in your film must be accompanied with the appropriate permissions and clearances and credited and/or acknowledged in the closing credits.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your film does not infringe the rights, including (but not limited to), copyright or other intellectual property rights of another person, group or entity.
- All music, sound recordings, moving images or other work must be copyright free, original, or permission from the owner is required (meaning that you cannot simply use someone else’s music, photos, recordings, diagrams, images or other work from the internet)
- That there are no corporate names or logos used in the film, this includes anyone wearing and/or displaying corporate names or logos. You are advised to remove or obscure labels/brand names from any commercial products used in your film.
What you can do with your film
You will own all rights in and to your film but you must keep your film private i.e. not publicise it, put it on the internet for public viewing, show it on social media or similar, until after the competition has closed and the winners have been announced at the awards ceremony.
After this time you can publicise it and show it in public as much as you want. However, we will not be responsible for any consequences of you showing it in this way.
You agree that if you win or are shortlisted you will co-operate with us to publicise the competition and the campaign against the third runway at Heathrow.
What we can do with the films
By entering this competition you agree that we can:
- Show your film at the awards ceremony (if you are shortlisted) and play music over or in the background to the film as we, in our discretion, see fit (if you are one of the winners or shortlisted entrants) use your name, likeness, photograph, voice, sound and/or biographical information for advertising, promotional and other purposes linked to the competition
- Use your film indefinitely for the purposes of supporting and publicising the campaign against the third runway at Heathrow, which includes linking the same to the campaign, publicity and work of Conservative MP Zac Goldsmith MP
- Show or allow your film to be shown publically on any media, including the internet and social media and more specifically including (but not limited to) the www.no-ifs-no-buts.com website and social media pages, Zac Goldsmith MP’s promotional material and website, HACAN’s promotional material, YouTube and Twitter.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions about the competition please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not liable for:
- Any failure of the competition to go ahead as planned (including, due to unforeseen circumstances)
- Our use of the film in accordance with these rules
- Paying you any compensation for our use of your film as set out in these rules
- Your participation in this competition
- Any technical or operational failures of any kind.
We do not attempt to exclude any liability which we cannot exclude or limit by law.
The competition and these rules are subject to the laws of England and Wales.